1) Saturdays - love sleeping in, reading my fictional choice of the week,
and snuggling with my "bokkie".
2) My Arno - being married (almost 5 years now!) to my best friend makes every day life MUCH more adventurous than doing it alone.
3) Radical Worship - the last 6 weeks I have been DIVING into Jesus Culture....words can't adequately describe the way my spirit has been touched.
Deep calls to deep has greater meaning for me...
4) My kitties - they are comforts of "home" to me and in spite of popular opinion are not quite as snotty & independent as the average cat can be...:)
5) Yummy Food - I LOVE to eat -- ice cream, chips, spaghetti, pizza, chili, cheese, Coke Zero, chocolate, rice, chicken....okay....you get the picture...I could have lived in Italy, France, Greece -- any country that makes an EVENT out of meals...deLIGHTful!
6) Encouraging People - from my mom & dad whose daily words of encouragement fuel me, to my pastors who challenge me forward with grace & mercy, to beautiful friends--old & new--who give me the gift of understanding my quirks and my oddities :)
7) Artistic Nature - from blogging, to REAL worship, to dancing like no one is watching, to immersing myself into a new book, to sharing a TRANSPARENT heart-to-heart, to powerful quotes from the most unexpected places,
I am learning to embrace this artistic soul of mine.
8) DSTV - Arno and I got satellite tv for the 1st time since we have been married
and while maybe silly to some...quite enjoyable & entertaining to us.
(movies, TV shows, World Cup, world news and much more)
9) Our House - moving into our new home has been wonderful -- from the big spacious kitchen (to prepare all the "yummy food") to the design (tiles, curtains, blinds, jacuzzi tub, etc) to feeling like this little missionary kid is living in a guest house -- daily (or at least weekly),
Arno and I turn to each other and say, "We love our house!"
10) Encouraging People - No, this is not a repeat....the encouraging people in my life help me with words in my situations, and then I can have the words to keep encouraging people in my world. Got to share with a lady yesterday out of my own challenges...and she felt "encouraged". She liked that "the pastor's wife" goes through the same things that she does
...her words not mine! :)
These are a few of my "gifts" today.....what gifts of gratitude do you have today?
I would love to hear them! :)