Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Eyes Look to the Mountains

Everyone has a favorite "something" in nature, besides humans & animals, of course -- beaches, stars, trees, sunsets, etc.

Well, my favorite thing is mountains, with a close second being a sky filled with stars. The reason I love mountains, and stars for that matter, are because I realize every time I seem them just how AWESOME and POWERFUL God is and just HOW small I am.

And I NEED that....

I need to know that I am not here -- on this earth -- by some random chance or freak of nature. I want to know that everything...and I mean EVERYTHING....has a purpose, even when I cannot comprehend "WHY?".


This is the view that I grew up seeing every day on "my" little island of Haiti, about the size of Maryland, my home state, and whenever I come home to visit, this view never gets old and NEVER ceases to remind me of his BIGness and Strength in my life and in the lives of the people around me. I mean, just look at this picture. There is a lot that needs "fixing" in the foreground. And, there are sometimes more questions than answers, more problems than solutions.

But then this verse came to me again today. The one that always does when I see mountains....and remember WHO HE IS and who I am in the scope of that

HIS -- unequivocably.

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

So I am lifting them above what I SEE with my own eyes and looking beyond circumstances into His eyes, His plan, His heart.

I heard a quote one time that I really like that says, "When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart."

I am trusting in what I do not know and what I cannot see today.

Trusting His heart is FOR me....always!

And by the way....that promise is for YOU, too! Won't you look up today and see His face, His love, His heart moving on your behalf??

4 comments:

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips

So cool that you are visiting a home that brings great memories!  The mountains are so beautiful!

stephsday said... Best Blogger Tips

You would like Arizona, Lindsey. We have mountains - beautiful mountains capped with snow or sun. I miss that.

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, Jen!  I LOVE THEM! Have safe travels yourself this week...you will be seeing lots of mountains on your trip, I believe!  ENJOY!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh!  I think I would SO love that!  Maybe if you guys find yourselves back there one day, we can come and visit you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails