Friday, April 16, 2010

The World of Blogging

So growing up as a missionary kid with a mom who is an English teacher and a writer, there were conversations that would go something like this:

My mom after I started teaching Sunday School with her at 16 because she "needed" my help:
"Lindsey, you are good with people; you are good with the kids. Remember how you always wanted to teach your sister Sunday School lessons when you were about 9 (oh yeah, I really did)."

Me:
"Mom, the kids hate me. They don't listen to me. Just because you are a good teacher doesn't mean I am or that I want to be."

And some other conversations, something like this.....

My mom:
"You are a good writer, Lindsey. Stop worrying about your report. You always do a good job."

Me:
"Mom, just because you are a good writer doesn't mean I am going to be one..."

Yes, like any typical kid, I wanted to mark my uniqueness and differentness as boldy and loudly as I could......but now....here I am 15 years later.....the Sunday School coordinator of about 350 kids in grades 4-7 at 3C Ministries here in South Africa (more about that another time)

And I am....yes....wait for it....BLOGGING!!!

So yes, I have officially become my mother.....and I have to say from my grown up point of view....wouldn't have it any other way.

Blog #1 - Dedicated to my mother :) :) :)

1 comments:

Beverly Brumbley said... Best Blogger Tips

My little Lindsey, Lulu! Loved you then, love you now! Couldn't be prouder of the woman you are. I love you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails