Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How Much God Loves the Muslim People

Okay...so life has lots of ups and downs and having experienced a bit more of the "down" side internally lately, my blog writing has taken a bit of a back burner....however....in the spirit of knowing that our FATHER holds us in His hands I wanted to share my evening with you....

Having been invited to a meal at an Indian family from our church's house tonight, I found myself making new friends this evening.

One lady in particular who is a born again Christian and married to a Muslim man. The Lord took her through such a journey of learning how to love Muslims long before she met her now husband, Ebrahim.

She grew up here in South Africa in a predominantly Muslim area and her family experienced a lot of racism and prejudice from the Muslim community so she had an internal hatred for all Muslims.

She shared the process of the change that God did in her heart to eventually lead her to marry Ebrahim, a Muslim man, who gave his heart to the Lord 2 weeks ago at church! So exciting!!

Her story reminded me of my trip to South East Asia 10 years ago and how God radically challenged and changed my heart for people -- specifically Muslims as well. He showed me how HIS love for them was so great that he would take 8 people on a difficult summer journey -- having raised thousands of dollars to travel half way around the world, to be in a place where you cannot overtly minister, nor do you have great numbers to report of salvations due to the ministry restrictions, as well as on being a part of a team filled with EXTREME opinions and diversities....the Father would ask us...ask ME...to go through each of these experiences if just one Muslim person...not got saved...but if one Muslim knew that they were loved by a God who gave ALL for them.....JUST ONE!!

And in my own personal journey, it reminded me tonight....that that is how God loves me. That is how He loves the people of this nation in South Africa. That is how He loves YOU! He will rearrange your life and even allow you uncomfortable experiences in order for that ONE person to be reached who needs to know how much you are loved.

The family whose home we were in tonight were in crisis 3 months ago -- lost home, jobs, family, dignity, purpose....and tonight we were invited to supper to celebrate in the 180 change God has effected in their lives.

3 months ago....I sat for 2 hours with this couple that I could see was on the edge....God used several leaders and pastors in the church to love on this family.....and tonight I sat on the couch with a whole new family! My role was very small, yet I realized tonight that the little piece I played on that day was important in their journey.

This family was my purpose.

This family was my destiny.

Does it mean that I am finished and that that was the only person, the only family? No!! Never!! Because I can never know the extent of God's reach through my small offerings...yet I can just be obedient tomorrow to be His hands and His feet.

Tonight, just remember that whether you are in joy or crisis, God's love has placed you in a position in this journey we call life to be either the recipient or the giver of His love and mercy....whether you feel like it or not.....He is using you for His beautiful purposes.

So don't quit today. Just keep showing up. You may feel that your efforts are nothing or worth nothing...well....guess what? Even on our best day...the Bible says....our BEST is like a filthy rag....

I read this Scripture today on my Facebook Daily Bible reading:

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. --Galatians 6:7-9

Today, I am reminded AGAIN that God is in control and I am not. He is the GRAND CONDUCTOR and I am just a piece in the string ensemble.

Thanking Him for His Master plan even when I don't understand....which is OFTEN....and thanking Him that He still uses me when I don't see it or know....happy to serve ONE such as Him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

You have so many amazing gifts Lindsey. I really enjoy reading your blogs. I feel blessed to know you and you are such a mentor to me! Thinking of you and Arno today and sending much love your way....thanks for sharing you beautiful heart with us!! =)

Love, Jamie (smith) Fritschle

Beverly Brumbley said... Best Blogger Tips

Remember when you were a young girl and you would say, "Just because you like to write, Mom, it doesn't mean I do?" Ahhh, my child, what beautiful words you now write. How sweet to read and know that that lovely person is my daughter! Be blessed, Baby. Continue to help many and continue to write with such transparency.

Related Posts with Thumbnails