Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am LEARNING!

Wow! So I have REALLY neglected my poor little blog over these past few weeks, but with great reason...so I hope you will indulge me in a little life review.

In the last 6 weeks we have packed up our belongings and moved out of our South African home, travelled to Cape Town for a beautiful week with Arno's parents, flew the LONG 18+ hours to arrive in Maryland, spent a week visiting with friends and family, flew, AGAIN, this time, to Haiti to arrive in the loving arms of Mom & Dad, rested & visited & worked for two weeks while there, and have FINALLY now just arrived back from my birthplace two days ago.

We were literally on the soil of three DIVERSE countries in 10 days and while I LOVE travel, I am glad to stay put for a time to hear from the Lord about this next journey & season.

I have so many thoughts and learning experiences that I would like to share, but as I am still LEARNING and EXPERIENCING in many ways, please bear with me as I sort through my thoughts to share this aspect of my journey. It is exciting and SUPER scary, but I know the Lord's hand continues to be heavily upon us!

Thanks to so many of you for your words of encouragement, your prayers, and your love. While invaluable in any season of life, it is a lifeline to me during this time!


Just a little teaser for upcoming posts.....

The 5 senses delight in Capetown

I am 3 people.

Cleaning off the ashes

Rediscovering my identity

...just to name a few!

WATCH THIS SPACE!!




2 comments:

hyacynth said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm, it is so nice to be home after a whirlwind trip, no matter how wonderful and how lovely the trip was! So, just curious, did all of those post ideas actually turn into published works? Thanks for remembering where you tread one year ago with me. 

Also, thanks for your really sweet note asking me how I'm really doing. I am really doing well. I feel like I'm healing for sure, and I see God's hand in this ... even though it isn't what I would have chosen, I'm trying to remember that He works all things together for His glory. thank you for asking. :)

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, girl {hyacynth }! I went back through your recent posts. I am SO sorry for what you have been through.  Hugging you from afar!

Unfortunately, I went into a blogging lull for a couple of months after this post with just a few posts here and there. I did eventually write one of the above - about dusting off the ashes - which took me 9 months because is was so close to my heart.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for asking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails