Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nuggets of Wisdom

I first heard him speak almost 15 years ago.

He didn't have a title or fancy degrees.

He spoke with quiet strength & humility.

He traveled around the world carrying a cross.

He used the cross to open doors to share about The Master.

And most of all, he loved Jesus. It truly seemed to ooze from his being.

"Ministry is the overflow of a life lived in love with Jesus," he was known to say often.

His name is Keith Wheeler, and I found some notes from the first time I heard him speak at Oral Roberts University, during my freshman year, and I was encouraged & challenged by them ALL over again, so I thought I would share them with YOU!


Love God more than you fear Hell.
{living a life of love and not fear}

Once a week, let a child take you on a walk.
{wow! I need to do this one more often - children teach us SO much}

Make major decisions in a cemetery.
{puts life in perspective, don't cha think?}

When no one is watching, live as if someone were.
{character.....}

Succeed at home first.
{what the people who know you best say about you often says who you really are}

Don't spend tomorrow's money today.
{plan for the future while enjoying the moments}

Pray twice as much as you worry.
{oh boy! I need to practice this one A LOT more often}

Only harbor a grudge when God does.
{cause He doesn't right?}

Treat people like angels. Some you will make and some you will meet.
{I love this - people will rise to your lowest [or highest] expectations}

Tis wiser to err on the side of generosity.
{I love this!}

God has forgiven you, you would be wise to do the same.
{that I may have more of His heart}

Toot your own horn.
{not always easy to do this - but good to know who we are in Christ}

Do not feel guilty for God's goodness.
{being thankful for His gifts & promises in my life; not apologizing for His grace}

The book of life is lived in chapters; know what page you are on.
{WOW! This was a big reminder. I have struggled with this in different seasons}

Live your liturgy. Live the sermon that you want told at your funeral.
{I think of this one often}

Fall in love with Jesus and follow Him wherever He is going.
{This is my favorite and it inspired my email address and sign in name - lindseyfoj -- Lindsey follower of Jesus}






***Picture of Keith Wheeler taken from his Facebook page

1 comments:

Kara @ The Chuppies said... Best Blogger Tips

I loved this...
And it's true...take  walk with a child often... :)
But I this last 2 were especially good.
Thank you for sharing with NOBH...
~Kara @ The Chuppies/NOBH

Related Posts with Thumbnails