Monday, July 18, 2011

What's in a Name? {Multitude Monday #261-275}

After talking about faith like a child in my post from last Thursday, I have been pondering analyzing processing this phase of the journey that I have found myself in.

So many thoughts.

Never ending questions.

A persisting ache in my heart.

And then this morning, I read a Facebook "note" by Joseph Prince, and I was challenged about how I see Jesus in my HERE and NOW.

Do I BELIEVE all the things about Him that the Scriptures say?

Healer.
Counselor.
Alpha & Omega.
Righteousness of God.
And so on & so on.

I realized that I DO believe....I REALLY do....

But....

....I have forgotten.

In the face of trials & circumstances, my view of my Savior shifted, and I found myself longing for a reminder.

So I went on a search of rediscovery {which is kind of an overall theme in my life right now, by the way}, and this website unfolded before me listing the names of Jesus from A-Z.

Advocate.
Alpha & Omega.
Amen.

And then I saw it, the NAME that I needed for TODAY - my manna, my rhema word.

THE AUTHOR & PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH

I never made it past the A's after that...LOL...because you know how it feels when you just SUDDENLY and WITHOUT WARNING get this understanding that smacks you in the face.

I mean YOU KNOW it is true & you have heard it before...but suddenly now....

YOU KNOW IT!

You REALLY know it!

Do you know what I mean?

Oh, I hope that you do because it is a beautiful, amazing thing, knowing that God uses His Word to speak truths to us in the VERY moment where we NEED it and are READY to hear it.

Hebrews 12:2
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
"....fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."


He is making my faith perfect.

In fact since He wrote it/authored it, He is the One taking me on a journey of trust in Him and His seasons for my life. I don't have to be ashamed or embarrassed in my moments of faltering & failure. Nor do I need to be worried or full of fear when doubts assail me.

I need to simply, and with as much TUNNEL VISION as I can muster, FIX my eyes on Him.

"Fixing" the problem or situations is not my job, but "fixing" my eyes, my heart, my mind, my focus, my dreams, my hopes, my fears, my setbacks on Him gives me perspective....His perspective.

It gives me HIS eyes.

And I really long for that.

Thankful, today, that, even in my weakness, He is strong.


Gratitude - a feeling of thankfulness or appreciation, as for gifts or favours;
the state of feeling grateful

#261 - 275
~fresh veggies from the farmer's market
~saving 42% on groceries using coupons and sales
~learning from my coupon saavy aunt
~spending the day with my childhood bestie - cousin Wendy
~having a "just-girls" family lunch
~my husband weeding the garden {it looks SO much better!}
~open doors for more independent job opportunities
~revelation of His word for ME for TODAY
~chocolate chip cookie dough Breyers ice cream
~the love of my two kitties
~The Next Food Network Star
~the internet & the world it opens up for me
~repaired air conditioning at my office space
~how He is perfecting my faith in Him daily
~that He is strong ALWAYS...especially when I am weak


I have joined The Gratitude Community -- a place to be inspired by others and what God is doing in their lives, a chance to share my own journey of gratitude, and an opportunity to REMEMBER to be grateful in ALL things. So on Mondays, I will add to my list of 1000 gifts of all the graces God has provided in my life. Would you consider joining me? Even if you don't blog, you can join the gratitude community by starting a gratitude journal, mentionning your gifts on Facebook, or sending e-mails to your friends. Let's work together to help in creating a more thankful, joyous world!!








FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

6 comments:

karidull said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great post.  I love how God speaks so clearly to us.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  May God continue to speak to you and reveal Himself to you!

Katy said... Best Blogger Tips

oh how i love this!!! such a good reminder! and i'm so thankful you got your rhema word that touched your heart. this journey can get to weary if we don't remember that He is the one figuring it all out for us and that in it He's going to use it all. so good for my heart to know.

Jenn said... Best Blogger Tips

I have found making my list has changed how I see life completely. I haven't done it in a while, good reminder to do it again!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much, Kari, for stopping by and for your KIND words.  Do you have a blog?  I would love to visit you as well if you wouldn't mind stopping back over and giving me your URL.

Beth Ferrell said... Best Blogger Tips

This is my first time visiting here.  I hopped over from the Faith Jam at Bonnie's place. I do understand what you mean.  I know Him as all of those names and as my Deliverer!

Have a blessed day!
Beth

Bonnie Gray said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes!! I know what you are describing!  You *know* in your heart, like a love note from Jesus, slipped under the door. Just.for.you.  The words are accompanied by that InnerVoice that you've always recognized... It's a joy to hear it again and just know the Shepherd's words. Such beauty, that pouring of gratitude!

Related Posts with Thumbnails