Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Questions & Fears


We all have fears.

Fear of spiders.
Fear of heights.
Fear of failure.
Fear of public speaking.

In the process of trying to conceive, growing our family, wanting to become parents in a physical sense, fears seem to run the full gamut.


Will I ever be pregnant?

Maybe I wouldn't be a good mother?

Will I have to live a lifetime never getting to raise my own child...children?

Can I be happy for others when they get pregnant, give birth to their children, etc?


It seems that in the process of "waiting," the fears seem to increase and grow....


Are all the things that God promised me REALLY HIS promises or just MY wishful thinking?

Is He TRULY faithful to keep His promises to me?

What if His plans for my life are not what I want?

What if He asks more of me than I can give....want to give?

These fears can sometimes grip my heart into a vise so tight that I feel hopeless.

And in those moments, I remind myself...

of Hannah...

of Sarah...

of Elizabeth...

of the fact that He has always been faithful to me...

MY.
WHOLE.
LIFE.



2 Peter 3:9
(NLT)
The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.


Do you have fears that you struggle with often?
What are some of the promises that you are standing on/believing for?


6 comments:

Katy said... Best Blogger Tips

sigh. i hear you. it's crazy how those fears get louder the longer the wait and how it seems like it'd be easier to pull a sarah and go find a hagar which totally isn't the right idea. 

my hard thing is that the things i'm waiting on don't have an quick go to promise in the bible other than the catch-all god will give you the desires of your heart...except even that has a clause of assuming they're god's desires for your life. hmph. ha either way i'm still having a bit of a fighting match with paul over what's actually better.

but yours. oh he does promise that and there are the sarah's and hannah's to look to, dear friend. god will work it out and i'm praying for your heart right now. 

Susanebrown78 said... Best Blogger Tips

My mom marked a Bible for me when I was a child. She highlighted verses and also wrote in the margins. I have been meditating for days on the first verse I found highlighted. It is after Sarah laughs at the idea of becoming pregnant at her age. It says "Is anything too hard for God?" then my mom wrote in the margin "one version says, 'is anything too hard or wonderful for God?' we didn't think we could have you". Recently in my life and in the lives of those around me, it seems I have been seeing the beginnings of that "wonderful" fruit.

Joyandryan said... Best Blogger Tips

Lindsay, I am so sorry you are struggling with infertility, and I can totally relate. Even though I have a miracle little girl, I always dreamed of having a large family, and every time she prays for a brother or sister, my heart aches! I'm not done believing for that large family, even when others think I'm silly for not being content with one child. And after 7 years if this struggle, I'm afraid too. Hang in there! I will be praying with you! God is faithful, and He is our redeemer!!!!

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips

I always think that once I've overcome a fear that it won't be as hard the next time around.  Seems like it's a continual learning curve.  I'm so thankful God is patient!  Sending you some love today!

stephsday said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, Lindsey. Thinking of you tonight. Wishing you peace and hope in the midst of all the uncertainties. Praying that God will touch your womb. KNOWING that you will one day be a wonderful mother.

Anna-Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am sorry to hear of your struggles.  Hang in there and I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails