Friday, January 28, 2011

Five Minute Friday: The Power of a Woman

It's Friday! A time to take 5 minutes -- just 5 -- to write out a topic, an idea on my heart and mind. Writing without excessive editing or analyzation to see what comes freely, flowing from the heart and from the soul....

Today's prompt over at Gypsy Mama is The Women.


So here goes....

Ready....

GO.

When I think about the women in my life, I can't help but feel INFINITELY blessed -- my mom, my sister, my grandmothers, my aunts, my girlfriends across the globe. I think about how they have shaped me, how they have blessed me, how they have sharpened me....

How do I put in words (let alone 5 minutes) the power that a woman holds in her touch, her words, her eyes....the power to heal or to hurt, the power to shame or to encourage, the power to shun or to listen....?

So what kind of a woman will I be? Can I be counted among the ranks of these precious souls who have unselfishly poured their very beings into mine?

I remember this song...."Like oil upon your feet...like wine for you to drink....like water from my heart....I pour my love on You...." ~Jonathan Stockstill

And I remember....

To wleld the power of a woman in an inspiring and beautiful way....I have to pour my life at the feet of the Master...there I find rest, joy, peace, renewal....there I am what He made me....WOMAN....fearfully and wonderfully....WOMAN....hand-crafted and fashioned...WOMAN!

STOP.
Join me today at The Gypsy Mama and Serenity Now.

Click over here to read my post honoring specific women who have touched my life.



14 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said... Best Blogger Tips

What a neat idea for a Friday post. I love the last quote - it really spoke to my heart. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed weekend!

Jen Price said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful post! Thinking about 5 minutes of writing reminds me of a thing we do in Africa with our staff and students. It's not really the same thing but it came to mind. One person comes up with a list of words. Everyone else gets pen and paper. The person with the words reads them off every 20 seconds or so and everyone else just writes. When a word is read, they have to incorporate that into their writing. It's a lot of fun!

Melissa_Rae said... Best Blogger Tips

"I have to pour my life at the feet of the Master...there I find rest, joy, peace, renewal....there I am what He made me....WOMAN....fearfully and wonderfully....WOMAN....hand-crafted and fashioned...WOMAN!"

This is so true. When we are at peace and resting in Him, there is so much less insecurity and restlessness to keep us from being in relation with others. Great post, Lindsey. Thanks for sharing.

~Beth D. said... Best Blogger Tips

"to shame or encourage, shun or listen"

What a great reminder!

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@Southern Fried GalI am so happy to hear that it spoke to you! Thank you for stopping by!

@Jen> I love that idea, and I think I am going to try that with a group one day...very cool!

@Melissa_Rae
It IS amazing how how face-to-face time with the Father changes how we look at people, even in times of pain and hurt. Thanks so much for stopping by!

@~Beth D. Thanks, Beth! We DO have such power! I appreciate you stopping by!

Dogmom Diva said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lindsey, thanks for stopping by..regarding the fibromyalgia, I have had it about 3 years, although I am sure that it started long before we figured out what it was..I hope and pray that you do not have this its is progressive and is getting worse for me. I do have good days, and those I treasure..
stop by anytime!

Barb

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@Dogmom Diva Thanks, Barb, for the encouragement! My aunt has been diagnosed with FM for about 7-8 years and treatment seems to help her most days. I need to make some different decisions because of wanting to have kids but we are really trusting the Lord for the right direction! Thanks so much for coming over!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said... Best Blogger Tips

Lindsay, your honesty is refreshing!! I sometimes wonder if some women ever really grew out of that middle school phase of just being nasty to everyone. You are spot on in your comment that women truly do wield enormous power to help or hurt others. Thank you for sharing this and for linking up with me!! :)

Patti said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your last paragraph!

"To wleld the power of a woman in an inspiring and beautiful way....I have to pour my life at the feet of the Master...there I find rest, joy, peace, renewal....there I am what He made me....WOMAN....fearfully and wonderfully....WOMAN....hand-crafted and fashioned...WOMAN!"

To be fully woman we have to be fully His. LOVE it!

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@Amanda @ Serenity Now I know. I think it is a curse that the devil tries to put on us as women to compete and/or attack each other. Through Jesus, we can use the power He gave us to love, love, love each other the way He does.

@Patti Thank you so much, Patti! It is so true, right?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said... Best Blogger Tips

Lindsay, your honesty is refreshing!! I sometimes wonder if some women ever really grew out of that middle school phase of just being nasty to everyone. You are spot on in your comment that women truly do wield enormous power to help or hurt others. Thank you for sharing this and for linking up with me!! :)

Patti said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your last paragraph!

"To wleld the power of a woman in an inspiring and beautiful way....I have to pour my life at the feet of the Master...there I find rest, joy, peace, renewal....there I am what He made me....WOMAN....fearfully and wonderfully....WOMAN....hand-crafted and fashioned...WOMAN!"

To be fully woman we have to be fully His. LOVE it!

~Beth D. said... Best Blogger Tips

"to shame or encourage, shun or listen"

What a great reminder!

Southern Fried Gal said... Best Blogger Tips

What a neat idea for a Friday post. I love the last quote - it really spoke to my heart. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails