Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Word 2011

One word.

One theme.

One focus for the year.

After reading quite a few blogs about choosing prayerfully one word to represent and/or focus on for the upcoming year, I thought, "Yeah...I want to do that too!"

I am a perfectionistic planner, but last year through a series of MANY things (previously blogged about), I found myself in a position that I couldn't plan like I wanted to.

So this One Word concept....one word to guide my year, my blog, my choices, my relationships, etc....

It's......well.......simple!

And, I need simple. I need lite. I need smooth. I need uncomplicated.

In this process of asking the Lord His word theme for my life for 2011, I realized that I will be letting Him guide my year in a way that I haven't before because when I focus around a concept, - that He gives me - He truly can take my life and make the plans....FOR REAL!

Does this mean that I won't have any set goals or concrete plans? No, probably not. However, I think the goals will be more focused on my ONE WORD and in THAT I find peace even in the wide unknown.

I was nervous about choosing a word because I didn't want to be directing my own days like I feel I have been so guilty of in seasons past. But then in the process of reading and perusing others' blogs, I came across this line by Alece of Grit and Glory

He is making all things new in me. Not just fixing them. Not repairing, rebuilding, or even renewing. He is redeeming. And making me new.

And I felt it then....the quiet whisper of the Holy Spirit...I am making you new.....

I decided to let it marinate inside of me to "make sure" it wasn't just ME, and the today I came across another quote from a song.

"Life breaks and falls apart, but we know these are the places where grace is soon to be so amazing. They may be unfulfilled, they may be unrestored, but when anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord – just watch and see – it will not be unredeemed." - {Unredeemed by Selah}


Again His still small voice....You, my daughter, are redeemed.

My OneWord2011 is REDEEMED.


Dictionary.com uses the following definitions for the word redeem:

re·deem [ri-deem] –verb (used with object)

1.to buy or pay off; clear by payment: to redeem a mortgage.
2.to buy back, as after a tax sale or a mortgage foreclosure.
3.to recover (something pledged or mortgaged) by payment or other satisfaction: to redeem a pawned watch.
4.to exchange (bonds, trading stamps, etc.) for money or goods.
5.to convert (paper money) into specie.
6.to discharge or fulfill (a pledge, promise, etc.).
7.to make up for; make amends for; offset (some fault, shortcoming, etc.): His bravery redeemed his youthful idleness.
8.to obtain the release or restoration of, as from captivity, by paying a ransom.
9.Theology . to deliver from sin and its consequences by means of a sacrifice offered for the sinner.

I look forward to diving into these definitions and much more. I found another blogger, Hannah, who also chose this word. I loved her post about this and her take and thoughts were so different from mine that I realized that the Father has much to show me....

....and I am excited.....!







5 comments:

Patricia said... Best Blogger Tips

redeem...my favoritest word ever.

i think this is my life word (and not just a one word).

hoping your 2011 is full of redemption.

Haelie said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm really diggin' your blog...especially the blogger theme you chose! ;-)

Seriously, love your one word! Redeem...so much there. I LOVE the song Redeemer by Nicole C. Mullen. Just one of the many redeemed songs I love. This should be a great, and defining year for you. You are definitely in my prayers as you live out and even rock REDEEM!

Oh, and thanks for popping into my blog, too. :o) Thanks for the prayers and support as I strive to be INTENTIONAL.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

REDEEMED! wow. i love that. such a beautiful word... that conjures up all kinds of incredible mental images. its as though i can see the shackles dropping. and you are going to be boldly speaking that word over your life all year. that is awesome!

Patricia said... Best Blogger Tips

redeem...my favoritest word ever.

i think this is my life word (and not just a one word).

hoping your 2011 is full of redemption.

Alece said... Best Blogger Tips

REDEEMED! wow. i love that. such a beautiful word... that conjures up all kinds of incredible mental images. its as though i can see the shackles dropping. and you are going to be boldly speaking that word over your life all year. that is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails