Sunday, January 23, 2011

Redeemed: From the Law

Last year, if I had picked just One Word that summed up my year, it would be GRACE. From beginning to end, last year was washed and bathed with His fresh & new, sweet-smelling grace. I won't go into all the details in this post, but my blog is filled with posts that reflect His grace in my life in so many ways.

I have been thinking about my one word for this year --REDEEMED-- and how similar to grace it is.


Galatians 4:5 (New American Standard Bible)
But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"


I think I had one thing in mind when I first began this One Word journey and felt the Holy Spirit nudging me towards this focus, but He is already surprising me (He's funny like that, right?) with how He wants to reveal the depth of redemption to me.

What I love about this discovery is how much I DON'T KNOW. Funny enough, for a perfectionist like me.....THAT is oddly comforting. And I think that is the basis of redemption. It takes YOU out of the equation and puts the focus back on HIM, and then HE brings the gift to YOU.

In a nutshell, HE does the work...not me!

And...I'm good with that! ;)




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails