Friday, January 11, 2013

Five Minute Friday :: Dive

Because some days, five minutes is JUST enough.
To make someone feel loved.
To know that you are cared for.
To give hope for the future.
To remember His promises.

So on Fridays, I join the web's best linky party filled with women {and some men too!} who throw caution to the wind and just write without perfection or hindrance in just five minutes...giving our soul's abandoned words to the world...

It's hard and amazing and so breathtakingly beautiful...and you can be a part of that beauty. 

Will you join us?

Five Minute Friday

2013 has started off with a bang.

I mean, we are 10 days in...11 if you count the 11 minutes past 12 that I am looking at right now, and well....

Bang! We are off to the races.

Dreams pushing to the surface like the wreckage of some beautiful old pirate ship filled with treasure beyond comprehension.

The Old Ship
Damon | Photography
Can there really be so much goodness inside of a old boat covered in mildew and moss?

And there He is...the Captain smiling proudly over his ship, ready to dive deep into the treasure He most assuredly placed inside. It is like He does not even see the wreckage or the mildew or the moss. He sees the bounty, the unearthed goodness because He knows how much He put into it.

So how can I say no or walk away from the pride in His eyes?
Scared though I am.
Trepidation filling my senses

And yet...

Oh, Captain, my captain...how can I not follow you as we dive deep together in this new-old land?


P.S. I wanted you to know that I am hosting this AH-MAY-ZING giveaway on my blog for 5...yes FIVE...of Chris Tomlin's latest release, Burning Lights! So PLEASE don't miss out on this! It is SUCH a steal....for REAL!

28 comments:

Mary Bonner said... Best Blogger Tips

Following him when diving is the key, isn't it! Lovely Lindsey!

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh mylanta, girl! YES! He sees the bounty...goodness gracious.



will be starting my prayers tomorrow as "Oh Captain, my Captain" you better believe it! ;)

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips

oh and p.s.....crazy the link on Lisa jo's went to another page? maybe it's just me...it's late!

Wick Anderson said... Best Blogger Tips

I'll confess I went into the minds of my little girls, half hoping you would use the word "booty" to describe the treasures hidden inside the ship. In any case....a great reminder here. During a recent "John Wesley Covenant Service" at our church, I loved the phrase of the invitation, "to adventure with Christ". I'd re-written the service with modern english....but totally had to leave that phrase in. May we join in His adventure even now....:)

Sabrina said... Best Blogger Tips

Great reminder of how we should focus on vision--on the prize! It makes it easier to dive into anything when we're not distracted by the outer layers, but looking instead to go deep.

sherylobryan said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful metaphor! (I thought we were going to be right next to each other . . . someone posted faster than I did!)

Claire McLean said... Best Blogger Tips

ooooh loved this - it so resonates with my heart - my heart that is filled and humbled by God's grace... i watched Les Miserables last night and your post reminded me of the journey that Jean valjean goes through - that we all go through!

blessings, Claire

http://onepassiononedevotion.wordpress.com

Karrilee Aggett said... Best Blogger Tips

"Oh Captain, my Captain" = #NicelyDone

LOVE this my friend...

Crystal said... Best Blogger Tips

You show me how to bravely keep going, to look for the bounty, beauty, and wonder beyond the ick-covered world we live in. beautiful words, praying for your dreams to keep unfolding with the rest of January :)

Amy Tilson said... Best Blogger Tips

Can I just say ditto to Crystal? Beautiful and strong and brave. Yep, ditto! :)

Jennifer Peterson said... Best Blogger Tips

Ditto what everyone said... Beautiful and so encouraging thank you!!

Becky Daye said... Best Blogger Tips

Ah, what a great picture, Lindsey! My favorite line- "He sees the bounty, the unearthed goodness because he knows how much he put into it". When I even begin to contemplate this concept, I am absolutely blown away. Thank you, my friend! So blessed by who you are!

Ms. Kathleen said... Best Blogger Tips

This was so cute -- just loved it! Have a wonderful day!

Tresta @ sharppaynes.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the adventure and the mystery! And love the thought of Him looking past all MY mold and mildew, to unearth a buried dream maybe?! Thanks, Lindsey.

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes, Tresta! I am so glad that you "saw" what I was really talking about! Yes, to buried dreams being unearthed!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Ms Kat! Hope you are having an awesome weekend!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you...it was like He was showing it to me AS I was writing which just blessed my socks off too! And thank you for your kind encouragement! You fill me up!!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

thank you, dear-heart! May we be brave together as we not only FIGURE OUT what these God-sized dreams are but also HOW to step boldy into them.

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much, Amy! So thankful to walk this journey along side you!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, Jenn! Thank you! It has been my pleasure to get to know you a little more each #FMFparty. Appreciate your words here!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, girl! I heard it on Bunheads of all things and it came to me as I was typing and I was like YES!! I looked it up later to make sure it fit...as least in an artistic sense!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I haven't seen the movie version yet....and it has been SO long since I have seen the play. I look forward to seeing it again and remembering the connection here! Thank you!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, Sheryl! {Hugs}

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Following the captain....and seeing what HE sees.....yes and amen!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

I SO thought of the word booty and changed it to bounty as I typed...I don't know why...I guess I was trying to be a "grown up" or something! Silly me! I am usually QUITE the kid! I am glad you thought of it too! ;-)


"To adventure with Christ...." how I adore that! Thank you for sharing that!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Girl...even in your comment, you challenge and amaze me and take my OWN words even deeper! Thank you for that!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for letting me know this...I added the right link as soon as I saw your comment!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Amen! Thank you so much, Mary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails