Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sometimes Faith....

Sometimes faith looks big like praying for blinded eyes to be opened and seeing it REALLY happen.

Sometimes faith looks small like quiet prayers whispered in recessed moments of the day.

Sometimes faith comes easy like "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so."

Sometimes faith is hard-won like hanging onto Jesus with every fiber of your being because you know there is no more slack left on your rope.

Sometimes faith is exciting like dancing, worshipping, praising with all of your heart.

Sometimes faith breaks your heart like walking through the valley of the shadow of death.

Sometimes faith catches you unaware and you know that you know that you know that somehow everything WILL be alright.

Sometimes faith is elusive, slipping through your fingers, making you wonder if you can ever trust or hope again.

Sometimes faith is simple like floating on an inner tube down a lazy river.

Sometimes faith is challenging like a climbing that mountain that you have feared for so long.

Sometimes faith is your enemy where you find yourself fighting tooth and nail.

Sometimes faith is a faithful friend, wounding, challenging, encouraging, loving.

Faith and I have a love/hate relationship, and yet like all GREAT relationships, we haven't given up on each other. The longer I know her, the more I realize how much I still have left to learn about who she is and how she wants to impact my life.

So the journey continues, and no matter what day it is and what may/may not be the reality on that day, I am confident in this, with faith as my partner, I will not only survive, but overcome.




FaithBaristaLLogo2

12 comments:

Carole Comeau said... Best Blogger Tips

Amen!

Monasmusings said... Best Blogger Tips

Love it!

Kasi said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautifully written!

Rannytownsend said... Best Blogger Tips

Very well said.

tmswhite06 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this post!!!  Thank you so much for putting into words exactly how I, too, feel about faith.  Also, thank you so much for your kind words about my blog and for stopping by!  Love you blog and I will be back to visit again!

kamrandolph said... Best Blogger Tips

You have just described faith perfectly!  I am so grateful that God does not give up on us when going through all the different struggles and stages of faith!  

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

and Amen! :)

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Mona!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Appreciate that, Sis!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much, Ranny!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

My pleasure! And thanks for stopping back by to visit here!  Appreciate the encouragement!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much!  I, too, am grateful for His NEVER-ENDING grace! What a blessing to be loved by ONE like Him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails