Friday, May 13, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Breathing Deeply....

I have been pretty silent here this past week as my life has been filled with parties and celebrations and festivities, which are ONLY just beginning as a wedding, another graduation, and a 1st birthday all approach in this week beginning today. So, today, not only did 5 minutes seem PERFECT to me, but well, the topic was EXACTLY what I need to write about.

So here goes.....

DEEP BREATH


GO.

I take a deep breath today, this week, this month filled with emotions and chaos and bliss.

I take a deep breath as I watch my sister finalize her last assignment -- the gallery walk -- before she receives her master's degree next week. She has come so far. Wasn't this the little girl who HATED school? Look at her now!

I take a deep breath as my "spiritual niece" walks across the stage to receive her diploma for finishing her associate's degree. Wasn't it just yesterday that she finished high school, and I sat in these same chairs cheering her on? Deep breath. WoW! She has come so far.

I take a deep breath as one of my beautiful "Timothy" girls preparing to say, "I Do" tomorrow. Can this really be real? I remember teaching her how to look up Scriptures in the Bible and whether to wear pads or tampons, and how to have a little more of the character of Jesus each day, even through my mistakes. She has come so far.

Deep Breath.

Breathing deeply of these moments that are riddled with emotions threatening to break through my carefully constructed walls of decorum.

Deep Breath....and go...love....give...celebrate...laugh...and cry!

Just breathing today....

STOP.

Won't you please join me and share your 5 minutes today??

7 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

ah beautiful moments to breathe in deep.

Ramona Zabriskie said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE THIS! It is exactly what I need. Tomorrow I have knee surgery and have been anxiety filled all day. BREATHE! 5 minutes and BREATHE. There. Much better. Just think - soon I can run again!

Jen Price said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds like a busy week and a deep breath is just what's needed! I often try to tell myself to also take deep breaths frequently.

bahava said... Best Blogger Tips

ah beautiful moments to breathe in deep.

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes...it was...and now happy that I can take a deep breath and relax tomorrow after TWO busy action-packed weeks!!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Mona, how did your knee surgery go?  How is your recovery process coming along?

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes!  I have read about taking deep breaths for health purposes.  I try to remind myself of that and breath from my abdomen! Cleansing breaths!! Hahahah...yoga anyone?? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails