Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sometimes Mother's Day isn't easy...

Sometimes Mother's Day isn't easy....

There I said it.


For women, like me, who battle with infertility...
For women who have lost a child...
For women whose mothers have already passed away...
For women whose relationships are strained with either mother or children...

Sometimes Mother's Day isn't easy...

This doesn't mean that we discount all the amazing women who have poured into our lives....#1 for me is, of course, my Mumsie! {You can read this post here on what she means to me.} For you it may have been your mom, your grandmother, an aunt, a teacher, a pastor, or someone else altogether. Today, we sincerely honor those women for being the definition of what a mother is supposed to be.

But, Mother's Day....still....isn't easy for those with heart break attached to it.

And like I said, I am one of those women.

So today, I needed some EXTRA encouragement, and maybe you do too, so I want to share with you some women whose words have helped me and given me a boost for today.

I hope you will check them out and maybe even....let me know if one of them encouraged you, too! It is just nice to know we are not alone....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Holley Gerth is seriously one of my favorites here in this blog world. I think I mentionned in "These are the Women" that she is someone that I want to be "when I grow up." She just oozes the love and grace of Jesus in every single post, even through her own struggle with infertility. Here are a few of hers to encourage you on this Mother's Day.

When Mother's Day is Difficult



Rachel, Tina, & Jennifer share over at Held on the aches and pains that can be associated with Mother's Day with Scripture to encourage and "hold" your heart in the middle of the storm.

A Mother's Day Letter



Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama lost her mom when she was only 18 years old. She shares often about her journey into womanhood and motherhood WITHOUT her mom's companion-ship and guidance.





Bianca is a step-mom. Are you? Here's what she has to say about walking that road on Mother's Day.


I hope that you have enjoyed some or ALL of these posts, and that they have spoken to your heart or helped you to give greater grace or compassion to a woman whose heart is a "bit" more tender on Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to ALL of you beautiful amazing women out there! I am glad to know so many awesome ladies who make this world a better place to live!

YOU ROCK!

7 comments:

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Praying for you right now from here in North Carolina.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Aeryn said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for this kind and very important reminder, Lindsey!

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@Stephanie
Thanks, friend! Appreciate all the prayers!

@A.J.
Thank you for stopping by and for leaving some comment luv. I truly appreciate it! And you're welcome!

Cherry Warrick said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, my heart goes out to you, and I understand your pain on Mother's Day (and other days). One of my daughters experiences infertility, and it has been a tear-filled journey for her and her husband, experiencing many losses. Now they are blessed with twin sons (two years old now), that they have adopted. Walking this road with them has opened my eyes to the pain of many women. Thanks for all the encouragement you shared with others who are hurting through your links ...

Ramona Zabriskie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am in love with all my "mothers", kind, nurturing women, including some who I feel "mother" me more and better than my own mom. Some of them are younger than me, and do not even have children (yet), including my own daughters; and some of them are older than me and have never had children, like my aunts; and some are not related to me at all, but have filled the gaps in my life while they've taught and cuddled me. God bless women - mothers to every one.

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Cherry!  I really appreciate your kind words and encouraging thoughts across the miles.  I am so happy that your  daughter has two precious littles that God brought to her, albeit, not in the way that she expected, I am sure.

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

What beautiful validation in your comment!  Thank you!  Oh that others all around would have your insight and words of encouragement!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails