Saturday, May 7, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Motherhood Without Judgment

Joining up today with....



Topic: Motherhood Should Come With....

GO.

I have been avoiding this topic all day. I wasn't sure if I was even going to post, but here I am....

I feel unable/unworthy/unwilling to share what motherhood should come with because I feel that the lack of children in my own home silences my voice in sharing those words.

I have been a leader since high school and had many one-on-one disciples over the past years, and I have an amazing relationship with my own awesome mom, so I have seen things that work and don't along the way.

So then....here are my two cents....

I feel like motherhood should come with an intrinsic understanding of other women in THE MOST REVEALING way than ever before. Instead of judgments, there should be an "I-get-you-girl" or "Let's-hold-hands-together-even-if-our-styles-are-different-kind-of-feeling.

I think if, we, as women, MOTHER together...arms supporting each other...like the men who held up Abraham's arms in the battle when he was too tired to hold them up himself...imagine how this world would be.

No judging saying, "If I was Abraham, I would have done it this way or that way" or "Why wasn't Abraham strong enough to do the job himself?? He is the leader of like a million people, right?" but knowing that together, each role was important to win the battle....changing a generation...bringing hope to the nations....together.

STOP.

Yeah, so I took slightly longer today, and I DID edit some this week...it was a hard one for me because there are so many emotions connected with this topic that I didn't really share...like a bittersweet symphony...but thanks for stopping by to hear my ramblings today.



6 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

praying for you with all the emotions and i love your picture of doing it together. so true with all things in life!

laughwithusblog said... Best Blogger Tips

Good point! The judgmental, "I know everything about mothering" attitude in other women can really tear us down. It's a tough job!

karen said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, I love this! You're so right... and for the first time in a long time, I think I'm finally feeling this and sharing this... the community of mothers/mothering. And I think we all mother - to some extent - with our without offspring of our own. I kept wanting to wish a happy mother's day to all the women who show my kids love, hold one when I'm off chasing another, or give me smiles from across the room when they can tell I'm overwhelmed. Thanks for sharing this.

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@bahava
Oh! Thanks, friend! I appreciate the prayers!

@laughwithusblog So true!! Learning more and more each day in all areas how much understanding, grace, and support of others truly shows Jesus to the world!

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@jackandellasmum Oh thank you! How encouraging are your words! I SO, SO, SO appreciate you stopping by!

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@jackandellasmum Oh thank you! How encouraging are your words! I SO, SO, SO appreciate you stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails