Friday, May 20, 2011

Five Minute Friday: When Seasons Change

I was so surprised when I pulled up The Gypsy Mama's blog today to check out the Five Minute Friday prompt, and I saw that the topic that I had suggested late last night in Lisa-Jo's Twitter shout out was used as this week's topic.

Yay! How cool!

Since I spent the day with my family watching my sister receive her Master's degree and babysitting my goddaughter, I only logged on a few minutes ago, and I TRULY only have 5 minutes since we are continuing the festivities tonight.

So here are my five minutes.....

When Seasons Change

GO.

It's funny how the seasons changing on the outside seem to speak so much to the inside...

Of WHO you are
To the core of your being.

Or is that just me?

Maybe seasons changing means more to me now that I am in my thirties or more to me after a Year of Winter, or more to me as I see my parents & grandparents age.

What I do know is that as the seasons change, I find myself savoring the moments more and more and more.

Laughter.
Connection.
Birthdays.
Lunches.
Graduations.
Weddings.
Babies.

Just savoring the MOMENTS of life together means looking for the beauty, the light, the life, the heart, the joy in every single situation.

I don't get it right EVERY time....but I am learning....

when the seasons change.....so do I!



STOP.

Don't know what 5 minute Friday is? Check it out:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link up with Lisa-Jo @ The Gypsy Mama and invite others to join in.
3. Go buck wild with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.

****Won't you join in with me? Click below!




9 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lindsay!

How fun that I have posted right after you and now knowing it was you who suggested the subject today!
I agree with you that the outward seasons in nature influence us on the inside.
I'm learning to live more in the moment which allows me to enjoy life or should I say that I am learning to enjoy life by living in the moment? I don't know!
I guess the most important is to grow, don't you think?
Blessings,
Fenny

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Well, great suggestion for this weeks topic! Beautiful thoughts as well....so much to be said for savouring the moments.....

Cherry Warrick said... Best Blogger Tips

Very true ... as the seasons change on the outside, they speak to the inside. I loved reading this insight. And thanks for the topic for this week!

Jen Price said... Best Blogger Tips

I feel like the seasons change so much in my life. I love how you talked about savoring the moments and looking for the beauty and joy. So important! (I'm telling myself that!)

thecrazyrambler said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lindsay!

How fun that I have posted right after you and now knowing it was you who suggested the subject today!
I agree with you that the outward seasons in nature influence us on the inside.
I'm learning to live more in the moment which allows me to enjoy life or should I say that I am learning to enjoy life by living in the moment? I don't know!
I guess the most important is to grow, don't you think?
Blessings,
Fenny

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Yeah! With all the things that have happened in my life over the past couple of years, savoring the moments helps for me to stay sane and "on track" :)

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Cherry!  Appreciate your encouragement and you stopping by!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

So glad that you enjoyed the topic...I was so surprised/excited when I saw that Lisa-Jo used it!  Very fun to be a small part!  

And thanks for not only stopping by but for the encouragement!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

I like that - living in the moment to enjoy life or enjoying life by living in the moment.  They do go hand-in-hand, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails