Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Minute Friday :: See

Some days I feel like I am seeing myself for the first time.



Like everything that I once knew about my mind and heart and point of view has shifted with radical force.

Like the world has turned up side down and I wonder not only who I am and how I fit in this new place but also what about the way I always thought the rest of the world worked?

Mostly, deep down in my soul, there is a caged animal roaring to life, an artist being set free for the first time in years, a dreamer reattaching her wings preparing to fly.

And I'm scared.
No really.
I am TRULY scared
of what I SEE with these eyes
and yet
Emily Freeman's words reverberate over and over and over in the recesses of my mind and in the shadows of my heart....

"Are you listening to the Voice of Fear or the Voice of Love?"

And somehow in that question...I truly SEE.



Joining Lisa-Jo over 
at The Gypsy Mama 
for Five Minute Friday, 
where we all just stop, 
drop, and write 
for 5 minutes flat. 
Come join the party!




12 comments:

Jen@Intendtolive.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Great, inspiring post.  Thank you for writing it.  

alwaysalleluia said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the way you SEE. You always challenge me to think deeper about what God's doing, what He's showing me-- bless you, sweet sister.

Ro elliott said... Best Blogger Tips

always a great question to ask ourselves...blessings as you continue to see all God has created you to be....blessings~

Jenn said... Best Blogger Tips

It's been way too long since I've been over here! I can totally relate to feeling like I"m seeing myself for the first time sometimes.

Natasha said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful. <3

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, Jen...and for stopping by!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, Kris..you are SUCH and encourager! I appreciate your words!! Blessings back atcha, baby! ;-)

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes...so simple...but that one question is changing how I see and do things lately!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh..I am so glad you are "back!" It is weird how that happens the older we get...those new learning curves and all...

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, Natasha! Appreciate you stopping by!

Shari @ Leaving A Legacy said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful. Your post really made me stop and think, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the two voices. It's my desire to hear the voice of love.

Blessings~
Shari

Mskathleen said... Best Blogger Tips

For the first time - And as your life progresses you will see yourself in a different light as you grow in the Lord, as your roles in certain areas change... It fascinating but the most important way is how God sees you... As his precious daughter. You put a smile on His face :) I think He enjoys it when you break out of that comfort zone. Look out world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails