Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Joy of Counting {Multitude Monday #161-#190}

As I have been reading through a plethora of blogs here in cyberspace, I have repeatedly come across women blogging and praising Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts. I haven't read it yet, but I AM convinced by the rave reviews that I must. I was challenged by one blogger in that she decided that week to take the time to write her gifts down, and not just trying to remember them on Mondays, which I, too, have been guilty of.

So....

This past week.....

I opened up a new journal {oh how I love new journals!} that was a birthday present from one of my bffs, Natalie, and decided to start a gratitude journal...once again! {I had written in one pretty often years ago}

It IS truly amazing how MUCH MORE you appreciate the moments and days when you stop to just reflect on them and what GIFTS they hold, even when things are difficult.

PLUS

I have found that I have MANY MORE gifts to list & share on a Monday because of thinking about them every day.

So this week, I continue to count my gifts....with EVEN MORE excitement than usual....

Gratitude - a feeling of thankfulness or appreciation, as for gifts or favours;
the state of feeling grateful

#161 - Ann Voskamp {her humble heart for Jesus just touches me SO much}

#162 - her tweets that remind me to take notice of my gifts

#163 - a new love song for me and Arno {"You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream...."}

#164 - cuddling in the morning before work

#165 - Patches staying close to me or in the same room with me whenever I am home

#166 - the anticipation of snow {makes me feel like a little girl}

#167 - quality time with my sister {getting to fill her love language}

#168 - blogging women who inspire, challenge, & encourage

#169 - seeing Arno walk through the door after a long day

#170 - Breyers ice cream {Mmmmm...my favorite}

#171 - freshly popped popcorn

#172 - walks with my man

#173 - capturing beautiful moments on camera

#174 - bedtime rituals


#176 - The world of Twitter

#177 - getting a revelation from the Father

#178 - spending time with Betty C {83 year old lady) gleaning wisdom

#179 - hearing her say, "God sent you here to me today!"

#180 - friendly ladies at the post office

#181 - Morris & Patches cuddling

#182 - the gift of the written word

#183 - the fun of taking pictures

#184 - seeing old friends

#185 - meeting his new wife and "clicking" with her

#186 - talking about TTC stuff with a new friend who has "been there" but is now on the other side WITH TWINS {my secret desire}

#187 - playing mini golf

#188 - sharing our marriage experiences with newlyweds

#189 - the night time view of the beach from the 12th floor balcony {breath-taking!}

#190 - a new journal to write down & remember my gifts {YAY!}

I have joined The Gratitude Community -- a place to be inspired by others and what God is doing in their lives, a chance to share my own journey of gratitude, and an opportunity to REMEMBER to be grateful in ALL things. So on Mondays, I will add to my list of 1000 gifts of all the graces God has provided in my life. Would you consider joining me? Even if you don't blog, you can join the gratitude community by starting a gratitude journal, mentionning your gifts on Facebook, or sending e-mails to your friends. Let's work together to help in creating a more thankful, joyous world!!



11 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I, too, must share my love for Ann's book. It is hard to put down, but even harder to find time in my schedule to read. There is so much "meat" to her writing that a cursory read will not do it justice. I absolutely love, love, love this book.

Thank you for sharing your gratitude list, and linking it to NOBH. I am thankful you got a new journal too. ;)

Our Homeschool Reviews said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Lindsey, you are the winner of The Life Ready Woman book from my blog! Email me for more info. :)

The Adventurer said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for linking up to the the NOBH this month. I love reading gratitude lists as it is a good reminder what we all have to be grateful for.

Cora from Hidden Riches said... Best Blogger Tips

I, read the book -- in fact, I'm reading it again. I couldn't put it down either. I've gained so much from reading all the lists. Yours is so special!!!! I'm so thankful that I found my way here today!!! Thank you!!!!

Jen Price said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your gratitude lists! I'll have to check that book out. Thanks for sharing about it!

Zelda said... Best Blogger Tips

popped over from NOBH
Think this gratitude list is a great idea - am off to make my own :)

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lynda
I haven't actually gotten to read Ann's book yet, however based on her blog, I would agree that you have to process her words a little at a time to really fully savor them. Enjoying being a part of the NOBH community.

@Our Homeschool Reviews Thanks, again!

@The Adventurer Yes, I really appreciate Ann starting this as a way to share with the community around us what we are thankful for. It is great accountability.

Lindsey V said... Best Blogger Tips

@Cora from Hidden Riches Wow! That is amazing that you have read it all ready and are re-reading it again. Glad we could connect in this gratitude community.

@Jen Thanks a lot! Yeah...I need to read Ann's book myself still.

@Zelda
Thanks for stopping by! I love that you are starting your own gratitude list! I will pop over and check out your blog!

Zelda said... Best Blogger Tips

popped over from NOBH
Think this gratitude list is a great idea - am off to make my own :)

The Adventurer said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for linking up to the the NOBH this month. I love reading gratitude lists as it is a good reminder what we all have to be grateful for.

Cora from Hidden Riches said... Best Blogger Tips

I, read the book -- in fact, I'm reading it again. I couldn't put it down either. I've gained so much from reading all the lists. Yours is so special!!!! I'm so thankful that I found my way here today!!! Thank you!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails