Wednesday, October 5, 2011

{RE}discovering Him :: Day 5 - The Lonely

Today, I sat with a friend.

We talked about weddings - hers, mine, our friends'
We discussed money, budgets, houses, and cars.
We pondered on children and the changes they make to your life.
We ate and laughed and chilled and relaxed.

I have missed spending time with people, feeling valued and safe, wanted and loved.
This season has been one of loneliness and desert time, some by choice, most by design.

But I know that God places the lonely in family, in relationships, in connection.

Today, I am thankful for those in my life who love me where I am at, in this strange season of "the sabbatical", of waiting to be a parent, of "undefined" health issues, and of not really "fitting in" anywhere at the moment.

And while I am aware that it is just a season, a drop in the bucket of time, it is sometimes hard to feel so alone, and yet what the Father promised me from the time I was a teenager was, "There will always be someone."


{RE}discovery :: I have not been abandoned by Jesus and He has given me people that love and support me, even when it seems that I am all alone. It is such a simple, basic thing, right? But sometimes, it seems like the simple things are the ones we forget so easily.

Or is that just me???

Photobucket


2 comments:

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much, Rachel! That truly means A LOT, especially from you!!  I appreciate you!

lindseyfoj said... Best Blogger Tips

I think what most people go through in "secret" or privately would surprise most of us. The older that I get, the more I realize how much THE SAME we all are, no matter what it seems like on the outside -- admitting it is usually the major difference actually!! Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails